Tuesday, 23 June 2015

London Wetland Centre

As part of a belated birthday outing for my sister, Loren, we gave her a choice of two places within London to go to that we hadn't visited before - the first was the London Wetland Centre, and the other was Highgate Cemetery. Now, for my Mum and I, who love Gothic places and buildings, Highgate Cementery sounded like an amazing place to spend the day exploring and taking photographs of, and whilst my Dad was happy wherever we went, Loren felt that a graveyard wasn't really her idea of a birthday outing-- and I guess I can see what she meant...haha! So the London Wetland Centre it was!  And I'm glad we chose to do that, because it was such a lovely day out walking around the site and seeing all the wildlife.





















For a place so near to busy London, this place was so scenic and calm. It's actually amazing how tame some of these birds are, especially the Ducks and Geese which were walking around us and even eating out of Loren's hand! Whilst the Otters are hard to seek out on your own, we timed our arrival well and went and saw their 'feeding time' which allowed me to get a few good snaps of them-- they were so adorable! 
The centre also has a lovely cafe with indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop with a wide range of items, and also hold events in a separate part of the building for those who are interested. I definitely recommend the Wetland Centre to families, and those who are interested in a scenic walk amongst wildlife!


-- AshCam

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. these photos are amazing! Next time I'm in London I'll definitely be visiting this centre. would love if you could check out my new fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah great, you definitely should, it's so lovely there :) I definitely will do- thanks for visiting my blog -- AshCam

      Delete

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig