Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Being Tourists In London

This last weekend I went to London again to stay with my sister and meet up with our Scottish cousins. Seeing as our cousins don't go to London as often, we decided it would be fun to do all the tourist-y things around London and go sightseeing. 

DAY ONE
















The first full day (Saturday) we decided to use our tickets for the 'Original Tour Bus', that my Aunt and Uncle had bought for us, and hop on and off the buses to get to destinations of interest to us. These buses were so useful for getting around a lot of places really quickly, and they meant we got loads done in a short amount of time- I'd definitely recommend you using 'The Original Bus Tour' if you're wanting to see the sights of London. The tickets also allowed you to hop onto the 'City Cruises' tour boats, so we were able to have a trip along the river too! We saw and did SO much on Saturday, and whilst it was a lot of walking, it was great to see the sights properly again, because it had been 8 years since I last did this sort of thing during my first ever trip to London in 2007! 

DAY TWO













On Sunday we decided to get up early and see the changing of the palace guards, so we were around Buckingham Palace from around 10am on-wards, and made our way along The Mall towards the front of the palace where we stood waiting and watching the ceremony until 12pm. It was a lot of standing around and waiting, which ended up being quite uncomfortable towards the end, but we were all happy to have gone to see it! After a spot of lunch we hit the museums- The Science Museum and then The Natural History Museum. My favourite was The Natural History Museum, and I definitely want to go back and spend a bit more time there, because we had to cut our visit off due to closing times. Both were really good though, and had some interesting and interactive bits in there- it's a lot of walking around though, so by the end we were super tired and achy! 

The picture of us with the pancakes is actually from Monday morning before we all left- but I thought I'd add it in to show you what we did! The restaurant is called 'My Old Dutch' and it does the best pancakes, which are also Gluten Free! I'm thinking of doing a separate post about them soon, so keep an eye on my blog to find out more about them!

I hope this post has inspired you to make a trip to London, or has given some of you already planning on going an idea of what to do during your time there. I'd love to hear what you like to do whilst in London. 
Also, what did you do last weekend??

-- AshCam

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig