Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Rufus Wainwright Concert

As an early birthday present from my parents they bought me tickets to see Rufus Wainwright when his tour came to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-Upon-Avon. They'd been to see him a few times before in different venues, and had wanted to take me to see him live for a while now, so when the opportunity arose I didn't want to miss the chance!
The concert was just amazing, and I'm so happy I went! Rufus was supported by his sister Lucy Wainwright Roche, and Max Jury, both of whom were amazing too, and have gained fans of their music in me. The venue was just beautiful too, and the relatively compact theatre made for a really intimate, personal and therefore very special concert, and our seats in the circle were just amazing and gave us a great view!







People were told they couldn't take photos during the performance, hence why I only have very few photos, and the ones I do have of the concert were taken on my phone in a rush at the end. However, what was lovely was that both Lucy Wainwright Roche and Max Jury were out in the theatre lobby after the show selling their merch, meeting people and signing cds/vinyls. I bought Max Jury's two vinyls, and go them signed by him, and then he was kind enough to let me have a photo with him [shown above]! He was so so lovely, and also had a really cool pair of sunglasses aha! 
For those of you interested in finding out more about the artists I shall leave their social media links and websites below:
Rufus Wainwright: Website, Facebook, Twitter.
Lucy Wainwright Roche: Website, Facebook.
[I feature on both his facebook page and instagram...just saying..!]

You really should go check out all of their music if you haven't already- they are all awesome! Also, all are brilliant live, so I really recommend you go see them if you get the chance!
Let me know what you think when you've had a listen to their music!

-- AshCam

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© AshCam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig